Each season Vista Ridge hosts over 6000 visits from local schools. The following information is provided to answer some common questions, and to assist parents / guardians in filling out the yellow Vista Ridge rental/permission forms.
If you have questions about how Vista Ridge operates when schools visit, you can find our contact details here.
*Please note: If you have concerns about weather conditions for the day of your child’s visit please contact their school as individual school policies/rescheduling vary.
Not sure what ability level to register for? Use the following guidelines:
N = I have NEVER EVER skied or snowboarded before
1 = I have skied or snowboarded ONCE or TWICE
2 = Can Ski / Snowboard in control on Green (Novice) or Blue (Intermediate) terrain
3 = Has Skied / Snowboarded regularly for many years. Controlled on all terrain
Package A: Ski rental, lift ticket and lesson
Package B: Snowboard rental, lift ticket and lesson
Package C: Lesson and rental, NO LIFT TICKET REQUIRED (Season pass holder)
Package D: Lesson and lift ticket, NO RENTAL REQUIRED (Has own equipment)
Package E: Lesson ONLY (Season pass holder and has own equipment)
Tube Park: 2 Hours tubing (Grade 2-3)
Skiing and snowboarding are outdoor activities. To get the most from their day, students should dress appropriately for conditions. This should include:
- A warm jacket
- Sufficient layers of clothing to remain warm while outside
- Gloves or mitts
- A warm hat
- Face / neck protection (Facemask or scarf)
- Pants should be snow pants or waterproof/track pants (With leggings / long johns / pajama pants underneath.) Please no denim (Jeans) under snowpants – they will be very, very cold
- Ski goggles / sunglasses are recommended but not mandatory
- ONE PAIR of long socks. Wearing multiple pairs of thick socks reduces blood flow to the feet and will make feet feel much colder